Thursday, December 23, 2010

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas From Rowlett's Dairy Farm in this Campbellsburg, Kentucky town......

It seems like it has been a long year since with paper and pencil I did set down...

To write to my dear Family and Friends Christmas Greetings and the news from 2010...

It has been a year of so many emotions for me and my kin....Well, let me begin....

The death of our precious Father on the 3rd of April...it was really so sudden and unexpected to say...

At age 95 Daddy still had a simple three point philosophy of life that he always held true each day...

" Number One.... Have a job to do each day...even if just working on a puzzle...or mowing a field...

Number Two...eat three meals each day...not that fast food stuff....but home cooked ...that is real..

Number Three... and...most important...be good to God because He has sure been good to me!"

What wonderful memories of a Dad we did so love and miss, but know again in Heaven we will see.

Running this farm without the help and advice of my Dad has been a challenge for sure...

But with everyone pitching in and doing their part it has made it easier to endure..

Wife Sandy still raises all the baby calves...spoiling each of them...that is clear...

Sister Sharon was the "go for" and mowed everything with the sero turn this past year...

And Oscar and Rosa, man what can we say....they are right here with us each and every day...

Milking and feeding...or doing any other chore that comes their way!

Still serving as a Kentucky Farm Bureau District 6 Director and on the Board of DFA*

It is a privilege to serve farm people and I strive to do the best each and every day....

We need to be advocates and spokesmen to preserve our way of life on the family farm...

It is a life I love...a lot of long days and hard work...but I so love this rural charm!

My wish for you, my family and friends as this year 2010 quickly winds down...

Is that you will have good health, and always a smile...and not a frown...

That you will have resources enough to make ends meet....

And follow the philosophy of my Dad...it sure is neat!

                               MERRY CHRISTMAS

FROM THE ROWLETT'S DAIRY FARM


* Dairy Farmers of America

1 comment: